2009 MX Cabernet Sauvignon
Beckstoffer To Kalon Vineyard (100%)
Napa Valley’s Oakville AVA
120 cases produced (five barrels)
MX WINES are featured at QUINCE and BOULEVARD in San Francisco, PRIMA in Walnut Creek, Calistoga’s Michelin One-Star SOL BAR at Solage, and other world class restaurants, hotels, and resorts.
This bottle with the red and black label is a blend of Cabernet clones planted at To Kalon. While it might remind you of a favorite Left Bank property in Bordeaux, it is classic Oakville fruit, showing fresh red raspberries and blackberries as if just plucked. It is viscous, lush and plush, and voluminous in the mouth, with soft, supple, almost sweet tannins. Elegant and immediately drinkable.
To Kalon (toe-ka-lon) is Greek meaning the highest beauty. This vineyard has been continuously planted to wine grapes since 1868, making it one of America’s oldest and definitely most venerable vineyards for growing award-winning grapes of excellence.
“If California were to have Grand Cru status vineyard sites,
To Kalon would certainly be one.” Robert Parker
- no commercial yeast or boostersonly indigenous yeast used (i.e., the naturally occurring yeast on the grapes)
- no color enhancers; no aroma or flavor additives; no acid adjustments
- unfined—no fining agents used—and unfiltered
Sourcing the Best Quality Since the Debut 2004 Vintage
- 100% French oak coopered by the family who created the barrels for Chateau Pétrus
- glass bottle produced by same French company as Domaine de la Romanée Conti for their bottles
- highest grade corks from Portugal, and highest quality TIN capsules made in Spain
Store at 50 – 60 degrees F
Tastes Best at 64 – 69 degrees F
Glassware: Cabernet or Bordeaux-Style
MargauX Singleton, Owner/Winemaker
Napa Valley, USA
Due to the intricacies of interstate shipping laws, please call MargauX at (707) 942-1119 for shipping details and to place your order.